200 volunteers are needed at packet pickup at REI and 500 volunteers are needed during Thanksgiving Day at Run to Feed the Hungry. Volunteers receive a special Run to Feed the Hungry volunteer shirt for their help!
Thank you for your interest in volunteering! Please note the following information:
- You must be age 16 and up to volunteer for this special event.
- You do not need to attend a volunteer orientation in order to volunteer for this event.
- Volunteers arrive between 5:45 a.m. and 7 a.m. (depending on your assignment) and must be available until approximately 11 a.m.
- Volunteers must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time. There are no seated tasks available on Thanksgiving Day.
- After signing up to volunteer, you will receive a confirmation e-mail. You will also receive a reminder e-mail one week prior to the event with final details on parking, attire, arrival time and more.
- New this year: Want to sign up more than one person? It's easy to register a group of volunteers.
Volunteer opportunities opened on October 10. Please click on a colored box below to sign up for volunteer shifts!
Questions? E-mail Tony or call (916) 925-3240 ext. 3383.