Help us make the 24th annual Run to Feed the Hungry a successful event! Volunteers are needed to serve in a variety of roles. Please note the following information:
- You must be age 16 and up to volunteer for this special event.
- You DO NOT need to attend a volunteer orientation in order to volunteer for this event.
- Thanksgiving Day volunteers arrive between 5:45 a.m. and 7 a.m. (depending on your assignment) and must be available until approximately 11 a.m.
- Volunteers must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time. There are no seated tasks available on Thanksgiving Day.
- After completing the volunteer sign-up form, you will receive a confirmation e-mail. You will also receive a reminder e-mail one week prior to the event with final details on parking, attire, arrival time and more.
- Want to sign up more than one person? It's easy to register a group of volunteers.
Questions, or need help cancelling or changing your shift? Contact Tony at firstname.lastname@example.org or (916) 925-3240 ext. 3383.
Packet Mailing and bib sorting (Location: 5201 Luce Ave., McClellan Park):
Sort shirts and label bibs (Location: REI, 1790 Expo Parkway, Sacramento):
Event Registration (Location: REI, 1790 Expo Parkway, Sacramento):
- Saturday, November 18: 9 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. or 1 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- Sunday, November 19: 10:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. or 2 – 6 p.m.
- Monday, November 20: 9:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. or 3 – 9 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 21: 9:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. or 3 – 9 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 22: 1:30 – 6 p.m. or 9:30 a.m. – 2 p.m
Volunteers for Thanksgiving Day, November 23:
- Volunteer Check In: 5:45-11 a.m.
- Team Tent Early Birds (5:55 arrival): 5:55-11 a.m.
- Race T-Shirts: 6-11 a.m.
- Bike Parking: 6:30-11 a.m.
- Team Tent (6:30 arrival): 6:30-11 a.m.
- Clean Up Crew: 7-11 a.m.
- Course Monitors: 7-11 a.m.
- Finish Line: 7-11 a.m.
- Merchandise: 7-11 a.m.
- Start Line: 7-11 a.m.
- Water and Snack Station: 7-11 a.m.